Thread: Joneses
View Single Post
Old 17-01-10, 22:45
Administrator

Am I right in thinking that Cwmllynfell is listed as being in Glamorgan on the 1901 census? I've not managed to find the actual pages with it on yet, though.

But something Google turned up:

This is a catalogue of archives held at the West Glamorgan Archive Service in the Civic Centre, Swansea.

D/D SB 14/120/1, 2> Assignment of lease for residue of term of 99 years, for £115, rent £1 7s 6d, 24 Jun 1908; (i) Henry Wilkins of Brynderw, New Road, Llanelly, county of Carmarthen, merchant, to (ii) Mary Jones of 1, Smithfield Terrace, Cwmllynfell, said county, widow: Piece of ground with messuage thereon known as 5, Edward Street; Recites lease, 31 Jan 1834 (see D/D SB 14/10/1, 2), indenture, 26 Apr 1859 (see D/D SB 14/41) and will of John Arthur Davies, 26 Mar 1885; Licence to assign, 17 Jun 1908. Ernald Edward Richardson of Glanbrydan Park, Manordeilo, county of Carmarthen, esquire, to (i) to assign to (ii)
[1 paper, 1 parchment]

<D/D SB 14/142/1, 2> Assignment of lease for residue of term of 99 years, for £58 6s 8d, rent £1 7s 6d yearly, 28 Sep 1912; (i) Morgan Jones of Maes-y-crug House, Cwmllynfell, county of Carmarthen, mechanic and (ii) David Jones of 9, Norman Road, Ammanford, said county, mechanic and (iii) Margaret Thomas, wife of Evan Thomas of Claremont House, Westbourne Grove, Sketty, near Swansea, drapers assistant and (iv) Thomas Jones of Rose Cottage, Yniscedwyn, Ystradgynlais, carpenter and (v) Elizabeth Ann Jones of 1, Smithfield Terrace, Cwmllynfell, spinster, to (vi) Elias Jones of 1, Smithfield Terrace, aforesaid, clothier: 5 undivided sixth parts or shares of (i), (ii), (iii), (iv) and (v) in leasehold plot and dwellinghouse, 5, Edward Street; Recites lease, 31 Jan 1834 (see D/D SB 14/10/1, 2) indenture, 24 Jun 1908 (see D/D SB 14.120/1, 2) and will of Mary Jones (mother of (i), (ii), (iii), (iv), (v) and (vi), 12 Mar 1912; Licence to assign, 19 Sep 1912. Robert Eden Richardson of Morestead, Winchester, county of Hants, esq. and Arthur Campbell Duckworth of Ben Mead, Box, county of Wilts, as executors and trustees of will of Ernald Edward Richardson, late of Glanbrydan Park, Manordeilo, county of Carmarthen, esq., deceased, to (i), (ii), (iv) and (v) to assign to (vi)
[2 papers]

*pinches self to make sure not dreaming - this seems to give us a lot of Thomas's family tree!*

Family History News updated 29th Feb
Findmypast 1871 census update