View Single Post
Old 04-11-14, 09:43
Administrator

I think it's 75% likely the baptism for Elizabeth is this one:

Elizabeth bap 05 Dec 1830 at St Augustine-the-Less, Bristol, parents John and Ann Saunders. Abode Anchor Lane, father's occupation Servant. (looked up by Kate when we were doing Elizabeth's father, John Saunders - thanks )

(Kate, you may remember investigating the dreaded John Saunders, coal merchant, who is so elusive!)

I may have found another clue (or red herring?!) for Elizabeth so am adding the info here in case someone can use it to make a difference to anything!

Elizabeth Saunders should appear four censuses:

1841 I think she is aged 10 living in Mangotsfield, Gloucestershire - not with parents
1851 I had no definite match
1861 with her husband, age given as 30 b Bristol
1871 with her husband age given as 39 b Bristol

Today I was looking at her marriage cert and thought I should look at the address she gave at the marriage on the 1851 census. The marriage was Nov 1854 and the details she gave were occ dressmaker, West Street (presumably in the parish of St James).

So, I looked at the 1851 census for West street, St James and found this entry:

11 West Street, St James, Bristol
Elizabeth Sanders (not Saunders) visitor, unm, 29 (but I wondered if it should have said 20?!) occupation seamstress, b Somerset Mount Silva

Now, this could well be a complete red herring, but I keep going back to it. Where is Mount Silva? How is this Elizabeth connected (if at all!) to the Langridge family?

I haven't looked at anything else yet, because I got excited at finding this!

"Something has been filled in that I didn't know was blank" Matthew Broderick WDYTYA? March 2010