View Single Post
Old 23-06-19, 10:36
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizabethHerts View Post
I have started marking people and it has occurred to me that although paternity might be safe there is no guarantee that the reputed mother is the birth mother! However, I think that might be a very cynical approach.
Well, I have copies of three birth certificates where the mother named is 100% not the mother of the child. Two are half-siblings to each other (most likely) and the other one is completely unconnected. In the first two cases the named mother was far to old to be having children and in one of those cases I believe I know who the biological mother is. In the third case the named mother was already dec'd some years before the child was born. As it happens, none of these people are my biological relations. I also have a father on a birth cert who had been dead almost 20 years, but I'm guessing that's more common! Of course we only study these things where it's very obvious that something is amiss!!

"Something has been filled in that I didn't know was blank" Matthew Broderick WDYTYA? March 2010