View Single Post
Old 07-02-13, 14:02

Thank you so much for all this: it is wonderful! I have just shared with my mother & uncle (who are grandchildren of the diary's writer) those photos from you & they are very interested & touched. For me, the interest is very much about human experiences so seeing where he fished & seeing roughly what he saw is extremely important to me & I think the family generally. Most of the sites are reasonably close & so known, but these are not really, so your input is greatly valued: also lucky his brother lived for a while near where you live! The diaries do show him to have been a thoughtful man with a good turn of phrase: these early entries are quite fishing orientated, but if you read through to the end, he loses interest in writing about fishing & the entries get more poetic: there is a really good one about Salford Priors in Warwickshire I'd urge you to look out for. I'll try & attach a couple of photos of him: one from around the time of the diary & the other with his wife Eva at the end of his life.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Edward Dolton 1.jpg (7.2 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Edward and Eva.jpg (10.0 KB, 1 views)