View Single Post
Old 06-11-21, 08:57

Joseph Newton was in business with his Buckley uncles and aunts before he moved to London:

“Notice is hereby given, that the Partnership between the late John Starkie, deceased, and the undersigned Nathaniel Buckley, Abel Buckley, Sarah Buckley, Margaret Buckley, and Joseph Newton, in the business of Woollen-Clothiers, carried on under the firm of Starkie, Buckley, and Newton, of Huddersfield, in the County of York, and under the firm of Buckley, Newton, and Company, at Wood, in Stayley, in the County of Chester, was this day dissolved by mutual consent; and the all debts owing to or by the concern shall be received and paid by the said Nathaniel Buckley.

Dated the 26th day of June 1815

John Whitaker,
John Edwards,
Wm. Marshall,
Executors of the late John Starkie, deceased,
Nath. Buckley,
Abel Buckley,
Sarah Buckley,
Margaret Buckley,
Joseph Newton.”

Abel Buckley made his will in 1815 and it states:

"Second I will and desire and hereby order and direct that all the residue of my Estate and Effects both real and personal whatsoever and wheresoever either in reversion remainder or expectancy be placed out at legal interest as soon as possible on real and undoubted security Except my share of the Capital Stock and profits arising therefrom which I have in the Partnership concern of Starkey Buckley and Newton which share may still continue as it now is to the end of the Partnership provided my Executors hereafter mentioned shall consider it for the interest of my estate so to remain"