View Single Post
Old 18-11-18, 12:43

Thank you both!

The match is for Christian Benzing, Kite. Well worked out! The tree owner is descended from Christian's sister Elisabetha making us possibly 5th cousins from their parents Johannes and Susanna. To confuse the issue Susanna would appear to have been born Benzing too but I'm not certain of any other relationship.

I've now searched my matches for the Benzing name and there are eight which surprised me. Some seem to have left Germany for the USA in the 1850's and the tree owners haven't researched past "Germany" I don't have the resources or time to do their research for them.

Two others would appear to be descended from the same person as my original match but haven't made the connection to Johannes and Susannah.

Last year I was contacted by another descendant of Christian who had paid a German researcher to look into his origins and he/she had come up with the same family. This Christian would appear to be the only one born in the correct time frame that had "disappeared" from Schwenningen records. This contact has taken my "match" as proof. But I'd still like something more tangible.

Meanwhile thanks for telling me that no shared matches doesn't necessarily mean that there's no-one else with that name in a tree!