Thread: advice please
View Single Post
Old 10-05-22, 21:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
It's probably down to the order in which the information is processed, Libby. Today, there can be nearly a month between death and the disposing of the body. (I think my aunt is still in sib's garage, two years after her death)
Okay. We have a doctor’s cert to say the person is dead. It is a very basic thing that most people never see, as it only states the person’s name and when they died. It probably now has an identifying Medicare number or something similar. That is given to the funeral director just to say the person is actually dead. Then the next of kin or family fills in the death cert with the info they know…….name, dates, parents’ names, spouse’s name/s, childrens’ names and ages, etc. Then after that is given to the funeral director, they fill in the funeral and burial details and it is then filed with the registry office.

I presume it’s not your aunt’s body, rather her ashes??? In that case, the cremation details would be on the death cert. If you were looking to see where the ashes are, you could ring the crematorium and they would tell you it was with family.

Last edited by HarrysMum; 10-05-22 at 21:35.