View Single Post
Old 28-01-22, 18:33
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwackers View Post
sorry when i read that post i thought you meant that sidney had died as you did mention that it would fit in with his death date
I did mean he had died, otherwise he would be aged over 110 by now! Clearly he can't have died before he was born though!!

I said:

Quote:
Sidney Burrows b 6 June 1911 (ie son of Henry and EE Burrows, dob one year off when compared with his death reg - 1910 woud fit with his birth reg/1911 census)
The date being one year off when compared with his death registration suggests he died after 1969 because before that you wouldn't have a date to compare with. His date of birth given when he died matches with when his birth was registered, unike the 1939 register dob which was June 1911 when it should have said June 1910.

This is his death registration. It's also one day off which is quite a common mistake.

Name: Sidney Burrows
Death Age: 81
Birth Date: 7 Jun 1910
Registration Date: Feb 1992
Registration District: St Helens
Inferred County: Merseyside
Volume: 37
Page: 122

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwackers View Post
Was there only the grandmother rita and sidney ? on the 1939 register ?
No. You have already mentioned what I found:

Quote:
merry ,you said in post 197 that on the 1939 register you saw rita and sidney and there were a few others you couldn't see .
I'd be surprised if I'd told you 'a few others' and not an exact number, so, I've looked it up again. Wish I'd remembered the surname was incorrectly spelled! There are three blanked out entries.

"Something has been filled in that I didn't know was blank" Matthew Broderick WDYTYA? March 2010