View Single Post
Old 13-02-20, 11:53
Administrator

Default Indian and Canadian Newspapers being added to British Newspaper Archive?

Just noticed, when looking at the latest additions to the British Newspaper Archive, that they have recently added some Indian papers and some Canadian ones. But the "browse by country" option only shows England, Ireland, Scotland, and Wales.

Ontario, Canada does come up in the "browse by region", and so do various regions of India. Quite annoying if you aren't an expert on Indian geography and would like to select the whole country!

I would be interested to know whether these are included with the newspapers in the Findmypast "Pro" sub. I know that the old FMP (UK) sub only used to include the British newspapers, not the Irish ones, but now that the only UK sub which includes newspapers at all is the Pro one which includes "all other global records", I would expect it to include Irish, Indian, and Canadian newspapers as well, plus the US ones which aren't on the British Newspaper Archive. Can anyone with a Pro sub confirm this?

Family History News updated 29th Feb
Findmypast 1871 census update