Thread: DNA Circles
View Single Post
Old 15-06-19, 00:07

In a way, I am not sad to see DNA Circles go, as they have not changed much or been added to since we established our DNA samples. There are lots more people now with Common Ancestors who could be in our Circles but they have not been added in.

For us, Dad, me and my daughter, the ThruLines work mostly - a couple threw up odd ancestors who don't appear to be correct, or are a bit random, but there must be a DNA connection. How they made the connection to William Martin's possible mother Jane to John Dubbin and Ann Puttock is beyond me - I am not even sure I have the right parents. Too many Martins and other family around Brighton to be even sure its the right ancestor connection.

I have noticed that a couple of people I have investigated had incorrect family trees. I easily worked out where they are wrong, but the DNA connection stands, so its just a matter of them not doing any real research - a quick search through FreeBMD makes me shake my head. And then there are the two trees with DNA connections which have different wives to the common ancestor's son - one of them has to be wrong, unless he married twice (or he has a cousin of the same name, which is quite possible). I don't have the energy at the moment to spend a lot of time to figure it out.

Di