View Single Post
Old 29-01-14, 15:07
Administrator

So, going back to what I know about my Mary Ann(e) Murray, the witnesses at her wedding in 1838 were George Stratton, Louisa Stratton, and Thomas Ward. I'm not sure who Thomas Ward was, but Sergeant George Stratton married Louisa Rainbow, Indo Briton, Widow, 16 Oct 1833 at Jaulnah, witnesses J Charlesworth, Elizabeth Charlesworth and D Carleton. And William Rainbow, bombardier, married Louiza Clarke, Indoo Britain, spinster, 7 Oct 1829 at St Thomas Mount, Madras, witnesses F J Dawes and G Brownmels.
There is a George Matthias Stratton will from 1849 in which he leaves everything to his wife Louisa. Then Louisa Stratton, widow, marries a John Matthews, widower, apothecary, 15 Nov 1852, her father is William Clarke, and the witnesses are J W Clarke, Isabella Handin, J Handin and A M Clarke. There is a likely baptism for Louisa Clarke, daughter of William and Elizabeth, 1 Feb 1812 Madras. (Louisa Matthews, wife of John, died 1874 age 63 so this fits.) William Clarke married Elizabeth Duffy, widow, 20 Jul 1810 at St Thomas Mount. William Duffey married Elizabeth Mason a native of Vellore, spinster, 28 Jul 1809. None of which really helps but I'd better post this up to save anyone else (or me at a later date!) looking all this up again.

Family History News updated 29th Feb
Findmypast 1871 census update