View Single Post
Old 14-09-19, 16:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggie_4_7 View Post
Well the Muggins and the Wallaby mysteries were solved with a lot of hard work so there isn't any reason why Peter's can't be solved although he has left a few clues we don't know which ones are true.

In my experience there will be some nuggets of truth in there somewhere, the facts may be jumbled but the clues are in there somewhere because people can never shed all their life, they always keep and cling on to some of it.
Well it’s foxed me for a long time. He fooled us with saying his father was Thomas Harrison on his marriage cert. Followed that chap in York, bought certs, went back to Ireland. Told my father in law and his brothers they were of of Irish decent. I recall we placed an ad in a York newspaper asking for any information on him, someone wrote to me saying she knew him and things she said started to make me have doubts I’d got the right man. Then the 1911 census came out and my suspicions were confirmed. The man I was following was still in York.
I never did tell my father in law of the error. His brothers died before I’d discovered the mistake.