View Single Post
Old 02-03-19, 01:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by marquette View Post
Hi Toni

Yes, if there is a mistake in a tree, there will not be any ThruLines.

Can you ask your Dads cousin to do a DNA test? At least then you could if there are any who ARE related but just a have the tree a bit wrong?

OH's DNA matches seem to have the most problems with their family trees - does this mean my family is more straightforward, or just better researchers?

Di
The first cousin once removed has done a DNA test and shows up in the matches. His tree is accurate as far as I have looked and we have the same details for Dad's great grandfather so I feel we should be a ThruLines match. There is also a second cousin, unknown to me, but his tree matches mine so he should also show up on ThruLines.

Just be grateful your side is easier to research or your relatives research better. I made a comment to OH that his mum must have gotten her brains from her maternal side as the researchers on the paternal side weren't very bright. Although there is no DNA testing there, there is always hope they aren't actually related.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
BM has a well-contructed tree, and no Thru Lines.
The only reason I can see for this is that I refuse to name her parents on her tree. It is, after all, not MY tree, and she has living decendants who may have qualms.
Those of you for whom Thru lines are working, have you named every ancestor?

I can see that where twenty researchers have all made the same mistake, and all other descent has died out, Thru lines might not be true lines.
I don't have any details for Dad or his parents as I didn't feel comfortable. I only named the great grandparents to see if things would work then. I know there are issues with thrulines and DNA circles before that from reading an FB group's comments. I have sent in a query to ancestry but I'm beginning to think that the trees I can see are wrong and many of the close DNA matches don't have trees to really determine how we are related.