View Single Post
Old 01-03-19, 20:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
BM has a well-contructed tree, and no Thru Lines.
The only reason I can see for this is that I refuse to name her parents on her tree. It is, after all, not MY tree, and she has living decendants who may have qualms.
Those of you for whom Thru lines are working, have you named every ancestor?

I can see that where twenty researchers have all made the same mistake, and all other descent has died out, Thru lines might not be true lines.
For my daughter, I created a specific DNA tree - just her direct ancestors, including her living grandparents The only ones who show up in her ThruLines are those who are linked to her grandfathers public tree. But none of the living show up except as a "Private" person, male or female. Anyone in a private tree only shows up as a private person.

If you click on a private individual who is deceased, you will be able to see their name and date of birth, but not for anyone living. Depends on how keen a researcher you are if you want to investigate the deceased further.

My daughter shows up just as RC in anyone else's ThruLines, as she has done a DNA test, but no details will be available. As I haven't, I just show up as private no details.

This also happens with my second cousin and his grand-daughter (who have had DNA tests) who are listed on ThruLines but only by their "nickname", but her mother does not. No other details are available for them.

If there is a mistake in the family trees, then no ThruLines will be indicated, because they will only match a DNA test with a family tree.

If the DNA tested has no link to a tree, there is no ThruLine. To make a ThruLine to someone that a tree believes has no descendants, I think at least one tree (probably the DNA subject) needs to make the link.

My dad and daughter have dozens of DNA matches who dont show up in ThruLines as they have no family trees, public or private, attached or unattached.