View Single Post
Old 27-11-09, 22:35

Default Olive May Fenton

Name - "official" name and what they were known as
Olive May Fenton

Date and place of birth
27th July 1896 Gladeswood Road, Belvedere, Erith, Kent

Names of parents
Frederick George Fenton and Florence Selina Gloster (aka Selina Ann Gloster)

Date and place of baptism - if applicable
not yet found

Details of each of his or her marriages
14 August 1912 to Oscar Linkson at Barnet Register Office
2nd marriage not found - see footnote, help needed

Occupation(s) - if any
none found

Military service - if any
none

Addresses where they lived
Gladeswood Road, Belvedere
1901 - Sheringham Road or Avenue, East Ham (image unclear - RG13; Piece: 1601; Folio: 119; Page: 34)
1911 - 33 Eastdown Park, Lee
1912 - Hadley Hotel, Barnet, Hertfordshire (residence on marriage - although deceased father was down as hotel proprietor so could have been home)
1913 - Ferguson Road, Barnet, Hertfordshire
1914 - Dublin, Ireland

Date, place and cause of death
unknown - probably Australia

Date and place of burial / cremation.
unknown

Details of will / administration of their estate - if applicable

Memorial inscription - if any

Footnote for help needed:
I was in touch with a family member about 5 years ago who said that after her 1st husband's death in WWI that Olive remarried and moved to Australia or New Zealand. This marriage produced twin sons. I would love to find out more information about this if possible. 2nd husbands name is not known although she thinks it was possibly Palmer. Olive wasn't well liked by her mother in law so I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't hang around - but both her children (born 1913 and 1914) remained in the UK so at a guess her moving would have been after they had grown as the relative didn't know of them being brought up by someone else. Olive married less than three weeks after her 16th birthday and had her children aged 17/18 and was widowed by 20 so there is time there for her to remarry and move once they had grown.
Apologies for rambling but I had completely forgotten this little mystery that I have never been able to solve

~~ May your House be free from tigers ~~