View Single Post
Old 03-12-15, 06:26
Administrator

Quote:
if you leave all search fields blank, it comes up with zero matches instead of the total number of records like it used to
I put Norfolk in the Keyword box and the results for this database totalled 1,213,646. If I took out the word Norfolk and replaced it with the word England then the number of results was 2,614,351! There are 14,876 Suffolk entries. Having done a few more searches I realise the vast majority of the rest of the entries (all?) have no place recorded (and many have no date either). It looks like all the entries come up if England is entered in the Keyword box even when the entries don't have 'England' in the results.

In passing I noticed that if you search with a middle name you may not get a result if you put the middle name in the First and Middle Name(s) box, but do get a result if you put the middle name in the Last Name box. This is only sometimes the case though! I just put the middle name in the Keyword box instead.

"Something has been filled in that I didn't know was blank" Matthew Broderick WDYTYA? March 2010