View Single Post
Old 07-06-11, 18:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann from Sussex View Post
Oh, I'm glad it isn't only me who finds it hard to use!

I found mention of three wills on there; my husband's 4x great grandfather, his wife and his son who was OH's 3xgreat grandfather. They aren't viewable online but I got the references, downloaded Lincolnshire Archives' order form from their web site and sent it off on 28th April - I made a special trip to the postbox to catch the post that afternoon with the Royal Wedding holiday coming up. Then, as you mayrecall, the sky fell in on us when OH had a heart attack that same weekend...and I forgot all about the wills. Well, I've remembered now and we still don't have them nearly 6 weeks later. Nothing has been debited to my credit card either so I don't know what has happened to the order. I'm sure they are very busy because of this new web site and all the Bank Holidays we've had but I think I might have heard from them by now. I'll give them until the end of this week before I ring to enquire.

Elizabeth: I haven't forgotten Scotton. It was a beautiful morning today so I thought I would nip over after lunch....but the heavens opened and it has poured on and off all afternoon! I WILL get there eventually, I promise.
Ann, Scotton can wait until your OH is a lot better and you have time to think about more trivial things than his recovery. How frustrating for you having to wait so long for the wills. I expect they are very busy. I do hope they arrive soon.

I have been perusing the Scotton parish records and have already found lots of births. It appears that my ancestor Newbourn Wood was a Churchwarden in the 1790s.