View Single Post
Old 09-01-19, 23:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizabethHerts View Post
I sent mine off today, Maggie. I did notice it was going to Ireland and not the USA, which had been mentioned somewhere.
I think they get forwarded to the US for testing from Ireland?

I posted mine last Wednesday (purchased Black Friday sale just not got round to doing it), still waiting for confirmation its arrived somewhere but I suspect they'll be some delay 'cos of the Black Friday and Christmas offers. Hoping to possibly prove whether my Great Grandparents so-called "adopted son" was a distant relative. About the only chance I suspect of doing this, no paper trail available. They had seven children of their own at the same time so why they took on another from a children's home in the early 1900s we don't know (he was the same age as some of their older children so not a grandchild adopted as child). Suspicion is he may turn out to be a relative but who knows. Someone in Edinburgh who appears to be his great niece has tested with Ancestry along with her grandmother. Unfortunately she doesn't make much effort to stay in touch but if there is a match I can probably guess which line it will relate to. Shall just have to be patient, never my strong point.