View Single Post
Old 12-07-20, 21:40
Administrator

I found this in the London Gazette, by Googling:

PURSUANT to authority granted by His Honor the Chief Justice of British Guiana, dated the 13th day of May, 1853,
I, the Undersigned, Provost-Marshal of British Guiana, in the name and behalf of Alexander Cunninghame, an inhabitant of the county of Demeray, in the colony of British Guiana, in quality as sole surviving executor to the last will and testament of Duncan Clark, deceased, do hereby cite, by Edict, all known and unknown creditors, European as well as Colonial, of the said Duncan Clark, deceased, to appear before the Honourable the Supreme Court of Civil Justice of British Guiana, at the Registrar's Office for the counties of Demerary and Essequebo, in the Public Buildings, in the city of Georgetown, in the colony aforesaid, and there file their claims, properly substantiated and in due form, within the period of one month after notice by me in the Official Gazette of the colony, of the publication of this Edict, in the London Gazette, on pain, in default thereof, as the Law directs.
Marshal's Office, Demerary and Essequebo, this 21st day of May, 1853.
W. H. HOLMES, Provost-Marshal.
N.B. - This being the First Publication.

Family History News updated 29th Feb
Findmypast 1871 census update