View Single Post
Old 03-11-19, 17:54
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggie_4_7 View Post
I love this thread, Merry's are usually complicated. I have had to read most posts twice

I probably should know this I have a recollection but has the person that you are helping had a DNA test?
Yes that's right. It would be tidy if John Henry Chatterley was my contact's great-grandfather, but not all of his male children were in the right place at the right time to 'do the deed'! Plus some of his male children are not his if he isn't also Samuel Chatterley! Unfortunately the person with the closest relationship in the DNA matches is now dec'd, so we can't get any information from him if he knew anything.

It's also possible a grandson of JHC might be 'the one' but most of his grandsons are too young to fit. On this thread the family are in Taunton in the 1910s-1950s, but crucially three of the men came to live here in Bournemouth which is what I need to happen. That's why I keep coming back to the Chatterleys rather than making the effort to investigate a couple of the women who could also be the link.

I think I should get the birth cert for Emily C in Exeter to see if her parents are Sam and Kate. Also the marriage of Kathleen Rafferty and Frederick Hodge (the man she married after splitting from JHC) to see if she had a father and so possible full siblings! I also need to get down to the local library to look at phone books and erolls to see if I can work out the arrival dates for any of the candidates in this area.

"Something has been filled in that I didn't know was blank" Matthew Broderick WDYTYA? March 2010