View Single Post
Old 23-04-19, 09:05
Administrator

Here's another confusion!

Remember Marjorie was in the same house as an Edward Alfred Williams b 1903 on the 1939 Register.

National Probate Calendar:

WILLIAMS Percy Joseph of 39 Shaftesbury Avenue Westminster died 24 March 1939 at The Angles 35 Fife Road East Sheen London S.W. 14 Probate London 26 May to Edward Alfred Williams company director and Daisy Millicent Williams spinster. Effects £60623 4s

Normally I would be saying spinster would eliminate this Daisy, but not with these people!! On the other hand these might be a big co-incidence and this Daisy may be the sister of the dec'd or something. Time to plough on....

Percy J Williams death reg shows him to have been born about 1873.

I'm not instantly seeing a birth for him, but there is a marriage in Islington in 1898 to Lydia Emma Fanny Mabel Wise Weston. His father is Thomas Christopher Williams, solicitor. All sounds out of your Daisy's league, but we have to keep going!

So, it does look like Percy's son who is in the same household as Marjorie in 1939:

WILLIAMS, EDWARD ALFRED WISE
mmn WESTON
GRO Reference: 1903 J Quarter in ROMFORD Volume 04A Page 599

I can't see Percy and Edward in 1911, but in 1901 Percy and his wife Lydia are together with a daughter Phyllis aged 2. Percy is b 1873 Islington, so off to see if I can find him and anyone called Daisy!

"Something has been filled in that I didn't know was blank" Matthew Broderick WDYTYA? March 2010