Thread: I'm exhausted
View Single Post
Old 10-09-13, 19:24
Joy Dean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asa View Post
But very chuffed. I started tracing my mum's paternal tree 25 years or so ago and because they'd pretty much stayed in Berkshire, where I grew up, I was able to trace the line back to the early C18th with ease. I couldn't find a baptism for my seven x great grandfather or an apprentice record or mention of him in a will although I gathered a lot of info about other people with the surname, common in that area.

I thought I'd pretty much done what I could do with the family in C18th Berks but I've got a sub with the genealogist at the moment which includes access to PCC wills. I came across a will from 1780 in the area and the fellow only turns out to be a presumably younger brother of my 7x great grandfather and he names - over several now transcribed pages - three other deceased brothers (whose families I have notes on), two sisters (who both left wills!), twenty nephews and nieces and even some great nephews and nieces. I've now found an apprentice record for one of the brothers which names the widowed mother so I have so much more work to do, including a trip or two back to Berks RO.

My mum and my OH have been informed of my joy but was a tad underwhelmed as they're not genealogically minded so had to share on here
Excellent! I'm very pleased that you have shared here.