View Single Post
Old 13-02-10, 17:55
maggie_4_7

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiterunner View Post
Ah yes, found them in 1871 on ancestry at Winchiels Shed, Hutton and Corrie, Dumfriesshire, and John's occupation is Pedlar, I suppose that explains it. Mary's birthplace is transcribed as Ayr but I don't know whether that's what it says on the actual image. In addition to the children listed above, there is William 5 born Peeblesshire. He is on the IGI as William Andrew Fox Macmillan 31 Dec 1865 Traquair, Peebles, with mother's name given as Mary Duffus which I suppose is why he didn't come up on my original search.

1871 census ref in case you don't have it:
Parish: Hutton and Corrie; ED: 1; Page: 9; Line: 13

In 1881 ancestry says they are at Kames Row, Muirkirk, Ayrshire, but I suspect it might be a mistranscription? Mary is 44 born Ayr and they have Janet 8 born Tyndrum, Dumfriesshire and George 4 born Corsock, Wigtownshire.
Thank you very much.

I have looked and you have the right people.

I don't know how you do it I have looked for ages for Elizabeth's earlier life and really not found anything or have but found lots of duff stuff and lots of Mary and John McMillans and lost the will to live with the Scots sometimes!!

Interesting that he was a Pedlar - not on any documentation I have i.e. Elizabeth's marriage cert or baptism does it say Pedlar!!! But you absolultely have the right family.