View Single Post
Old 01-09-19, 06:46
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwackers View Post
Hi , Merry , I'm sorry I still haven't been able to get to the records office to look on the microfiche . But I did manage to find a marriage , between a Mary Wilson and and William Hale on the 1/Aug /1784 . At st Michaels in Aughton , I know it's a shot in the dark whilst I am looking for William Hales mother the other problem is st Michaels is a Anglican Church . The church is approx 3 miles from Ormskirk . And there seems to be a few families of Hales in that area . There is a Samuels marriage but it is in the 1850 s which is earlier than we wanted . Anyway you can give me your thoughts on that . Thanks
With regard to the marriage at St Michael's Aughton - as I said in post #43, Catholic marriages were illegal from 1754 to 1837, so it's not a 'problem' to find marriages of Catholic people in an Anglican church. What is a problem is that you don't know who you are looking for!

I don't understand your comment about Samuels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwackers View Post
Lancashire records office told me that they don't have the original records , so I am wondering were they are actually held .? They could be held in Kew , like a lot of records , I don't know where they were stored etc when they were removed from the church ? Have you any ideas ? Thanks
So Lancashire Record office say they no longer have these microfilm numbers?

Copies of Original Registers for St Anne, Ormskirk, Roman Catholic

Baptisms
1736-1836 held by Lancashire Record Office DDX 241/26 - Microfilm
1862-1941 held by Lancashire Record Office MF 9/127 - Microfilm

Marriages
1784-1845 held by Lancashire Record Office DDX 241/26 - Microfilm < some of these marriages may be illegal!
1866-1941 held by Lancashire Record Office MF 9/127 - Microfilm

Burials
1750-1792 held by Lancashire Record Office DDX 241/26 - Microfilm

If you didn't approach them with the film numbers before, I would ask again.

"Something has been filled in that I didn't know was blank" Matthew Broderick WDYTYA? March 2010