View Single Post
Old 09-06-22, 13:00

I knew all of mine. Dads sister, mums sister and dads brother. Uncle reckoned he was godfather to most of his nieces and nephews as he was the only one confirmed, which they often insisted on.
My elder daughter has my sister, my husbands best female friend and my best male friend. Daughter calls the female friend godmummy.
Younger daughter we had to have OH’s side of the family
Twin cousins, who I can’t stand and have nothing to do with now and his male cousin who is now dead. We were asked if any of the godparents were confirmed, said yes the godfather. Didn’t mention that it was in the Catholic Church though.

Given my time again I wouldn’t have bothered but my mother in law was raised Catholic and I’d never have heard the end of it if I’d refused. The church where they were christened is the same one I married in. They obviously didn’t do many as my daughters are one under the other in the register, yes I’ve seen it, and almost three years apart.

I’m godmother to a niece. My sister grandchildren have all been christened except a three year old, because of the pandemic, and a three week old. Niece will get them done at the same time I assume.
We went to my great nieces christening a few weeks ago. I couldn’t believe how many people stood up when the vicar asked for the godparents to come forward. Must have been at least eight of them. Ridiculous.