View Single Post
Old 18-01-20, 08:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
1. How do you know this was unfair?

2.A wife might simply have a couple of savings accounts and a few bits of jewellery and china, and it may have been easier just to let Dad sort it out.
1. I don't know it was unfair. I was asking IF she thought it was unfair could she do anything.
2. I understand not wanting to be executor but when there is a will and the executor doesn't want to do it, why the will then ignored?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizabethHerts View Post
I have a family in my tree where my 4x-great-grandfather left my 3x-great-grandfather more than his brother.
I've seen this too, and have read some wills where the parent states I already gave X his fair share.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizabethHerts View Post
Re. the second point, I have transcribed quite a few wills where the administrator renounced the administration, nominating someone else. Most of the time, it seemed to be a widow renouncing in favour of a son (or daughter). I have transcribed several Cornish wills where this happened.
Does that mean the widow didn't inherit anything or just let the child sort it all out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill View Post
Even when a will has had a probate there can be a further administration, I've been transcribing a will of a miller where the widow was granted probate, but she failed to administer it so following her death the great nephew who was next of kin to the miller was granted administration of the will seven years after the probate.
I have one like this on order, although they seem to have lost the will totally so I have no idea who got what.