View Single Post
Old 02-04-21, 10:54

I'm sorting out my paperwork at present. It's an ongoing task. As I was self-employed for over 30 years we have house with a fitted study and the luxury of lots of cupboard space. When I gave up work 10 years ago the shelves that were dedicated to work files filled with family history files.

One of my pandemic projects has been to retrieve paper information and scan what's appropriate. I'm saving images to my computer and shredding what I don't need. Documents such as wills and certificates I scan and keep the paper copies but other things I attach to my tree and also save to my computer.
It's important my elder daughter can access it all as she is as obsessed as I am. She has a private Ancestry tree and we add information to that too.

We shall probably move next year as we need to be closer to family and also the garden and maintenance of this house is an issue. I have managed to get rid of a number of lever arch files and combine linked families in one file. However, for some branches I have a large number of wills. Yesterday I got to the end of several associated Sussex families and now have to just finish off one family. It's very satisfying.