View Single Post
Old 05-12-19, 20:32

I've received the pdf's of certificates I ordered. The DC of Catherine Quigley shows her as 'widow of John Quigley, labourer' - so the name of her husband is right, but the occupation of labourer doesn't tally with his earlier profession of 'shoemaker' (cordwainer).
The informant is given as Thomas Quigley, son at the same address - which is different to the one the family had in Liverpool before the daughter Bridget was born.
From Bridget's BC (pdf), she was born 23 Jan 1858 at 15 William St., Birkenhead - father John Quigley, shoemaker and mother Catherine Quigley, formerly McClannen.
From daughter Catherine's BC (pdf) she was born 13 June 1851 at 8 Court, New Bird Street, Liverpool (same as at census) - father John Quigley, cordwainer and mother Catherine Quigley, formerly McLennan both of the same address.
So, I think daughters Catherine and Bridget are correct - but, not sure about the death of this Catherine in 1883 with there being a son Thomas, as there is no Thomas shown on the 1871 census - the youngest child being Bridget aged 13.....just 2 years before her father John's death in 1873 ?