View Single Post
Old 19-10-20, 03:13

Question Phillip Growt 1686 Parents

Hello all. I am trying to validate the baptism and find the parents of my ancestor Phillip/Philip Growt/Grout. From Family Search I have a suggestion that he was baptised at St Mary's Braughing Herts on 4 February 1686 but there is no record number shown, just the suggestion of "Ch record" which I take to mean Church record.
I think he was the son of another Phillip Growt and an unknown wife.
He had 2 brothers (I think) also baptised at St Mary's Braughing - James bap 30 Jan 1684 and Thomas 14 Oct 1691, both with Father Phillip and both taken from England, Select Births and Christenings.
Phillip jnr was next recorded in a marriage with Dinah Starky (cant find any other records for her..) on 6 Oct 1734 at St Michaels Bishops Stortford, Herts (England and Wales Marriages but no record numbers)
Phillip and Dinah then have 5 children, all baptised at Braughing.

If his father is another Phillip Growt, born/bap about 1659 then we have another search for Phillip snr's baptism. We think he was the son of Robert Growt and his second wife Elesabeth but again , no record to confirm.

My wish to confirm both these Phillip Growts is to take my direct line back those two generations and to confirm that I am descended from Robert and Elesebeth Growt. Any help or suggestions much appreciated. Regards, Jenthec (Jenny from Australia)