View Single Post
Old 17-07-11, 10:34

Default Robert Tinson Adcock

Hello Durham Lady,

I've joined this site as I saw using Google that we have a shared family background. My great grand-mother was Frances Elizabeth Adcock, sister of Robert. She was born in 1872 in Prescott, Lancs but died young in 1901 of consumption in Doncaster.

I'm sure you've done plenty of research here so you know plenty about Brian Philpott Adcock. Seems to have ended as a tragic figure. He died just a few months after Frances.

Frances married Arthur John Crawley (that is my surname). The Crawleys were poor agricultural labourers in hertfordshire and a few went to Doncaster I suspect to work on the railways. I visited Doncaster a couple of years ago. The council there were very helpful pinpointing graves for Frances, Brian, Elizabeth Tinson and Brians 2nd wife - Just tufts of grass now.
Soon after Frances died Arthur her husband and 3 children moved back down here and he was soon remarried adding 3 more children.

Anyhow it is nice seeing someone looking into the same family. I need to look more at the Adcocks. It is a name associated with brewing in Oakham(something of a bad omen for Brian I think).

best wishes
Stuart.