View Single Post
Old 31-07-22, 08:32
Administrator

Quote:
In the 1851 census she gave her age as 48, so was probably born in 1807 or 1808.
I agree that her entry in 1851 says 48 b Coventry, but that would suggest a birth date of 1802/3. EDIT: however, see post #6

Nothing to do with what you are looking for now, but do you know why the burial record for Jonathan says "Copied out and sent to the register office May 20th 1855 James Bray"? Just me being curious!

I'm surprised that the 1815 marriage gives Jonathan's condition as bachelor.

I looked at the marriage allegation on FMP and that does state Jonathan to be a ribbon manufacturer but also a bachelor. Why would that be? You mention a Jonathan Bray bap 1792 in Coventry. Isn't it more likely this is his marriage? (or the chap from Stoke bap 1791?) Have you already examined what happened to these other Jonathans, in the assumption neither is your man? Might either of them describe themselves as ribbon manufacturers? I'm not saying this 1815 marriage isn't for your man, but the bachelor ref does throw up these question.

So his children are Elizabeth, Charles, James, Emily, Mary, Ann and Helen? Have you tracked the latter four children to establish approx year of birth and place of birth from census records? EDIT Not Mary, obviously, as she died in 1835, or Helen who I presume is the 1838 burial (no registration?).

Quote:
The same page has a record of the burial two weeks earlier of a Mary Bray, aged 25.
The Leamington Spa Courier 18 April 1835 describes her as 'Mary Bray dau of Jonathan Bray Esq of Coventry' and Jonathan's fourth daughter.

I've not read Jonathan's will other than looking at the dates, but I'm assuming all the children mentioned above are beneficiaries?

Re the baby, Henry I wonder if he is the child of the couple JB and Eliz Harvey who perhaps married in haste, but maybe that isn't your couple.

Having asked a lot of questions, I don't have much time to look at anything now, but will have a look later if someone else doesn't beat me to it!

"Something has been filled in that I didn't know was blank" Matthew Broderick WDYTYA? March 2010