View Single Post
Old 02-10-09, 09:29
Administrator

Default New Zealand help please

Isabel(la) Bristow was born in Bermondsey, London, in 1858, daughter of Robert James Bristow and Laura nee Gaunt. She is with them on the 1871 census in Camberwell, London, but I can't find her on any British census after that date.

I know that some of her brothers and sisters emigrated to NZ and I've found a death on the NZ online BMD's, 1943 Isabel Bristow age 85. Ancestry has a UK incoming passenger list entry as follows:

August 1927, S.S. Corinthic (White Star Line) from New Zealand to Southampton, names and descriptions of British passengers: Miss Isabel Bristow, proposed address London, age 67, country of last permanent residence New Zealand, country of intended future permanent residence Other British Empire / Foreign Countries.

If I ordered her death certificate, would it give her parents' names to confirm it's my Isabel? And is there anything else I can look up apart from getting the death cert, for instance passenger lists going to NZ? (She would have left the UK too early the first time to be on findmypast's lists, and I can't see her return trip after 1927 on there).

Family History News updated 21st May
Lancashire Non-conformist records new on Ancestry