View Single Post
Old 22-08-13, 15:17
Administrator

I've had a look on iPlayer and managed to extract most of the names from the tree that Anthony Adolph drew up. I couldn't make out most of the dates so I haven't put those in, but it explains where the Pratts and the Billinghams fit in, and gives you the names of all those ancestors who weren't mentioned!

Gary's great-grandparents (Harold's parents) were George Albert Lineker and Emily Holmes, the daughter of George Holmes and Harriet Caulton. George's parents were William Henry Lineker jr and Lavinia Hatfield, the daughter of James Hatfield and Caroline Morris. James Hatfield was the son of Robert Hatfield and Margaret. Caroline Morris was the daughter of Joseph Morris. William Henry Lineker jr was the son of William Henry Lineker sr and Charlotte Taylor, the daughter of George Taylor and Elizabeth. William Henry Lineker sr was the son of Samuel Lineker.

Another set of great-grandparents, the parents of Gary's grandmother Alice Kate Hoare, were Frederick Charles Hoare and Sarah Elizabeth Thorne. Frederick Charles Hoare was the son of John Francis Hoare and Kate Rose Billingham. John Francis Hoare was the son of John Hoare and Mary. Kate Rose Billingham was the daughter of James Thomas Billingham and Catherine Rose. James Thomas Billingham was the son of Thomas Billingham and Sarah Vuller.

Sarah Elizabeth Thorne was the daughter of John Thorne and Alice Pratt. John Thorne was the son of John Thorne and Elizabeth Newcombe, the daughter of Thomas Newcomb. John Thorne was the son of John Thorn. Alice Pratt was the daughter of James Pratt and Maria Leeson. James Pratt was the son of Joseph Pratt and Elizabeth. Maria Leeson was the daughter of William Leeson and Elizabeth.

Family History News updated 21st May
Lancashire Non-conformist records new on Ancestry