Thread: Ann ?
View Single Post
Old 30-05-11, 11:35
maggie_4_7

Yes Kiterunner that would be a good idea but this is the beginning of it square brackets are words or word I cannot decipher this is the first bit I think thats explaining who is who and what name they will be known by in this document! There's another page to go.

In the Name of God this is my [ ] will and testament of Robert Hoye otherwise Robert Mackey but known to all [ ] by [ ] [ ] Robert Hoye [ ] [ ] bequeath all [ ] or [ ] (can’t read the rest of this sentence but it looks like an amount of money and then something else)…
… to my loving (they put wife here and crossed it out) and lawful wife Ann Walliss Mackey otherwise Ann Walliss Hoye but known to all [ ] by the name of Ann Walliss Hoye for [ ] [ ] life and [ ] to my [ ] [ ] as follows to Wm Thomas Hoye as [ ] - Elizabeth Williams Hoye as [ ] - Robert Hoye as baptised dated [ ] twenty five of [ ] 1832. Ann Walliss Mackey or otherwise known as Ann Walliss Hoye [ ] sole Executrix witness Ebenezer Jackson, Robert (ss) Hoye Testater in the perogative court of Canterbury In the goods of Robert Hoye otherwise Mackey dec’d