View Single Post
Old 24-04-11, 17:11

Default MFMMF: James Harker (father of Anne Emmott, NOT Mary Holoron/Holoran)

Well.........

Taking advantage of an extra-long TOGG3 week, I pose the impossible question: who might my MFMMF be?

In "MFMFF: father of Robert Pickles of Cowling WRY" we mentioned the marriage of my MFMF, Robert Pickles, to Mary Holoron/Holoran in Dec Q 1853 at Skipton, WRY (9a 87), a second marriage for Robert that produced my great-grandmother Emma Pickles in 1854. I need to order that certificate, but have not yet done so.

Mary's father is the goal of this [extended] week's challenge.

I had started to look around and I thought signs were pointing in the direction of Ireland, but to be honest I really have no idea! With the Holoron/Holoran spelling I didn't find any likely matches in England, but the name could take many forms, some of which (such as O'Halloran) are common.

I have Robert Pickles bap. 9 July 1820, buried 2 Dec. 1878 at Kildwick-St Andrews, but I have no dates other than the marriage for Mary. Robert and Mary lived in Cowling.

This may be a bridge too far without at least getting the certificate first. Anyone???

MFMMF: father of Mary Holoron/Holoran

Name – Unknown Holoron/Holoran

Date and place of birth - Unknown

Names of parents - Unknown

Date and place of baptism - if applicable - Unknown

Details of each of his or her marriages - if any - Unknown

Occupation(s) - if any - Unknown

Addresses where they lived (including county if in UK) - and please list which censuses you have or haven't found him/her on (if s/he lived in census times!).
Unknown

Date, place and cause of death - Unknown

Date and place of burial - Unknown

Details of will / administration of their estate - if applicable - Unknown

Memorial inscription - if any - Unknown

Janet (Niagara)