View Single Post
Old 15-12-10, 12:41

Default Gilchrist Wilson

Alison,

Unfortunately I think you might have the wrong family here. I have had time to look at the information on this post and there are several discrepancies:

One of the posts states that Susan Alice Charlotte Wilson died in 1925 in York, aged 63. That puts her year of birth as 1861/62. When you wrote 1816 did you mean 1816 or 1861?
If 1816 is the right date for your Alice then the dates are way out.

Also, if she was your ggg Grandmother, she was likely to have been married so wouldn't have her death registered as Wilson, her maiden name. It was unlikely that she would have reverted to her maiden name.

My relative, Susan Alice Charlotte Wilson was born in 1861 in London as was her sister, Annie Harrington Gilchrist Wilson. There was another child born in London then 2 born in York. Their father was the Rev. James Gilchrist Wilson, born Edinburgh.

I hadn't researched whether Susan Alice Charlotte Wilson married, but as I have now found the death above, it's unlikely there were 2 people of the same name born around the same time, so it looks like she didn't marry.

If your Alice was married in 1835 in Settrington, then she is definitely not from the above family.

If you need any more information, please contact me by pm