Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! (http://genealogistsforum.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Family History General Discussion (http://genealogistsforum.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   GRO orders (http://genealogistsforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=28921)

Sue from Southend 19-07-20 17:24

GRO orders

I placed an order for four PDF certificates and one paper one on 11th July with an estimated dispatch date of 17th. I wasn't expecting to receive anything for a couple of weeks at least but lo, and behold an email today, Sunday 19th, with details of three of my PDFs and telling me that the paper marriage cert is dispatched. Have now got my sister in law's tree back another generation...

Not sure what's happened with the remaining birth PDf though :confused:

Kit 20-07-20 05:20

That is good news.

I was searching the index last night and it said that times quoted would not be met due to covid and large numbers of orders.

Hopefully the remaining one will come through soon

JBee 20-07-20 12:58

Yes I got a death certificate only 4 days after it was due last week.

That's great considering the problems with Passports (very good if you can upload a photo and are already on the system - once photo accepted took only a week) but getting a new Driving Licence has been a nightmare and is still ongoing.

garstonite 28-07-20 12:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBee (Post 377336)
Yes I got a death certificate only 4 days after it was due last week.

That's great considering the problems with Passports (very good if you can upload a photo and are already on the system - once photo accepted took only a week) but getting a new Driving Licence has been a nightmare and is still ongoing.

can I ask how long have you waited for your Licence please Bee ?? my Grandaughter is waiting for hers :)

JBee 30-07-20 02:40

There's a huge backlog at the DVLA Allan. Think a lot of staff were moved onto doing Universal Credit or working from home.

I think one newspaper last week said there were 850,000 applications in the pipeline.

My online application from March has been delayed due to them not accepting the photo off my passport which expired in March. They wrote in June saying they wanted a new photo signed on the back by a teacher etc which I couldn't do or photo off a new passport.

Finally got my new passport on 1 July and have told them and posted them the new number etc but my status online is still waiting for the return of application form.

Goodness knows how long its going to take.

JBee 30-07-20 16:09

Just an update

My friend who will be 70 in Sept applied for her new photocard driving licence online a few days ago - it arrived yesterday.

Mine is still awaiting return of application form.

chiddicks 01-08-20 13:29

I ordered a PDF copy recently and literally only took two days to come through

chiddicks 26-09-20 14:13

PDF's now coming through in just over 24 hours, what a wonderful service

Mary from Italy 26-09-20 20:59

Yes, brilliant, my last one was really quick, too.

JayG 28-09-20 15:27

Today at 13.06 I ordered 2 PDF deaths and 1 PDF birth, they have all arrived at 15.14! Can't get much better than that