Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! (http://genealogistsforum.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Research Questions (http://genealogistsforum.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   ellen sherlock b 1905 Everton,Liverpool (http://genealogistsforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=30823)

garstonite 10-06-22 03:01

ellen sherlock b 1905 Everton,Liverpool

Hi - a little complicated
Ellen Sherlock b 1905 - family lived in 87 Rylan Street Everton,Liverpool
parents Joseph SHerlock and Ruth Ryder Sutcliffe - they had 6 children in all.
.................................................. ............
1936 Ellen gives birth on 6th March to a girl
Birth Certificate states
A M Moles - daughter - Father Joseph Moles - mother Ellen Moles - nee Sherlock
....... Father Joseph Moles - Dock Labourer deceased
so - I can't find NO MARRIAGE - and NO DEATH for Joseph Moles 1935-36
I am convinced Ellen - who obviously registered the baby - told lies - the baby was adopted 5 weeks later and I have her new Birth Certificate in her new name ...
So - am I right in thinking I might find Ellen Sherlock in Liverpool - or Birkenhead area in 1939 register - or could she just assume the name Ellen Moles .
the only 2 Joseph Moles I can find the right age are
born West Ham 1905 - marries West Ham 1934 to Diana Morrison
born Islington 1906 - no marriage
so
did Joseph Moles b 1905 come to Liverpool a year after he married and have a child with Ellen Sherlock and Ellen made up the marriage and his death ?
any help appreciated
had me up all night ...lol

Merry 10-06-22 07:18

Quote:

the baby was adopted 5 weeks later and I have her new Birth Certificate in her new name ...
Two questions, before I read this properly!

1) Is the lady b 1936 still living and is she happy for this thread?

2) Do you think it wold be better on Sensitive Research so the details won't be picked up by Google? I can move the thread...

ElizabethHerts 10-06-22 07:20

1939 Register

Joseph Sherlock M 7 Feb 68 W Retired Heating Engineer
Ellen Sherlock F 6 Nov 05 S Cashier Book Keeper Clothing
Eveline Sherlock F 20 Sep 98 S Dressmaker

42 Liverpool Road South, Maghull, West Lancashire R.D., Lancashire

Merry 10-06-22 07:25

Yes, I found the same 1939 Reg entry. Her dob is also on her baptism at St Saviour's Everton.

Merry 10-06-22 07:26

Is there an address for the birth on the original cert?

garstonite 10-06-22 07:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merry (Post 408937)
Is there an address for the birth on the original cert?

Thanks Merry - I have it in front of me - it states

Joanne Skerries co Dublin - A A FINCH - present at birth
139 Hallgrove Road

I don't know if she was born on a crossing from Dublin to Liverpool ??? baffles me
No Hallgrove road in Liverpool
there is a Hall Grove Road in Dublin - quite frankly the writing on the original birth cert is abysmal - the girl was born 6th March - the certificate issued 2nd April - as far as adopted at 5 weeks - that is what her 2 daughters are telling me - might not be a fact .
Garston has its market every Friday - and the girls call in for a drink after shopping - they are 66 and 62 - I will see them around 1130 later - as I say they have given me BOTH Birth certs
I don't now if this is relevant - I think they are the dates that their mum applied for her birth certs
original birth name and parents 2nd february 1978
changed name / adoption 11th October 1971 - I don't think their mum is alive - I will check later .
I appreciate your help - I have gone back to 1802 in Liverpool to George Sherlock with Ellen Sherlocks family - easy for me - all on Lan-opc

ADDED- that might say to Dublin and not co Dublin ??

Merry 10-06-22 07:45

I presume you have something to demonstrate the birth mother is this Ellen in particular?

Phoenix 10-06-22 07:48

Her father, and her daughter's father are both called Joseph. This suggests that Ellen was caught on the spot, and couldn't think of a name for the father, rather than that was his real name. (In a similar circumstance, I've seen a woman name her brother, who I'm fairly sure was not the father)

Merry 10-06-22 07:51

I'm still wondering how you know this Ellen b 1905 was the mother and not another Ellen Sherlock. Having said that, I do agree with Phoenix's comment about her using her father's first name for her baby's father, but I still want to be sure you have the right mother!!

Phoenix 10-06-22 07:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by garstonite (Post 408938)
Thanks Merry - I have it in front of me - it states

Joanne Skerries co Dublin - A A FINCH - present at birth
139 Hallgrove Road

Is this an Irish birth certificate?