Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! (http://genealogistsforum.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Take One 3xGreat-Grandparent (http://genealogistsforum.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Hannah Stead - Horsforth nr Leeds - MMMMM (http://genealogistsforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=6912)

Janet 05-11-10 18:06

Hannah Stead - Horsforth nr Leeds - MMMMM

I've created a whole new summary in blue below for the information I now have.

The rest of the thread is a rather confused first attempt from two years ago.

================================================== ===
MMMMM Hannah Stead

Name - Hannah Stead

Date and place of birth - bef. 4 Aug 1773, Horsforth nr. Leeds, Yorks.

Names of parents - Henry Stead and ?

Date and place of baptism - 4 Aug 1773, Horsforth Chapel (Guiseley and Horsforth, Yorkshire)

Details of each of his or her marriages - 24 Mar 1794, Guiseley and Horsforth, Yorkshire, England, to Thomas Jackson
(The PR says married in Guiseley Church.)

Occupation(s) - ?

Addresses where they lived (including county if in UK) - Horsforth/Rawdon nr Leeds, Yorks. (not sure which, or both; they are next to each other)

I should be able to find her on the 1841 and 1851 but not had any luck so far.

Date, place and cause of death - 17 Feb. 1855, age 81 (gravestone in Rawdon St Peter's cemetery), place and cause unknown

Date and place of burial - 1855, Rawdon St Peter's

Details of will / administration of their estate -

Memorial inscription -
HERE
lieth the Body of
Hannah Daughter of
Thomas and Hannah
Jackson of Horsforth who
died Jan.y 23rd, 1800 aged 1 Year.
Also John Son of the abovesaid
who died Feb.y 1,st 1800 aged 5 Years.
Also Sarah and Frances who died
in their Infancy.
Also Thomas Son of the abovesaid
who died May 31,st 1808 aged 2 Years.
Also Mary Daughter of the abovesaid
who died Jan.y 18,th 1810 aged 2 Years.
Also Thomas the Father of
the above named Children, who
departed this Life the 25th of
May 1835 Aged 63 Years.
Also Hannah the Wife of the <<<<<<
above named who departed <<<<<<
this Life the 17th of Febr 1855 <<<<<<
Aged 81 Years. <<<<<<
In Life Respected
In Death Lamented

Many many thanks for this to the Gravestone Photographic Resource website, Charles Sale its leading light, and volunteer Trevor Langridge who took and indexed the photograph of my Jackson family's gravestone. I am forever deeply indebted.

Note: Not sure who the Hannah Jackson in Kite's post #3 is; obviously not my MMMMM, and not their daughter Hannah either, who died as an infant in 1800. EDIT: Oops, very sorry! I was confusing this thread with another one, for her husband Thomas Jackson. Here is the thread containing that post:
http://www.genealogistsforum.co.uk/f...ad.php?t=10491

================================================== ===

[My mother's mother's mother was Elizabeth Crampton.] Elizabeth Crampton's mother was Ann Jackson Crampton b1811? Horsforth, living with Elizabeth's sister Esther A. Smith [Esther A. Crampton] and son-in-law James Smith at Barwick Road Temple Grove, Barwick in Elmet, in 1881 UK census.

Ann's mother was perhaps married to someone named Jackson in Horsforth, but her identity is still lost in the mists of time.

If I haven't managed this post correctly I hope that someone will correct me. Was I supposed to figure out how to start a new thread rather than simply hitting the Reply button? I couldn't find the way. Anyway, please let me know if I need to clean up my act.

I'll be out of town this coming Sunday through next Sunday the 15th, but will keep checking until then and jump back in soon after I get back. All insights most gratefully accepted!

Thanks all,
Janet

kiterunner 05-11-10 18:11

Don't worry, Janet, I've moved it into a thread of its own for you.

kiterunner 05-11-10 18:17

So, working backwards from that 1881, this is Ann in 1871:
Church Lane, Chapel Allerton, Leeds, Yorkshire
David Crampton Head Mar 64 Mason Master Yorkshire Meanwood
Ann Do Wife Mar 60 Do Horsforth
Sarah Do Daur Unm 30 Dress Maker Do Meanwood
John Do Son Unm 25 Mason Do Meanwood
Esther Ann Do Daur 16 Do Meanwood
John Wm Wilson Grandson 8 Scholar Do Headingley

kiterunner 05-11-10 18:21

And 1861 at Rose Cottage, Headingley:
David Crampton Head Mar 54 Mason Meanwood
Ann Crampton Wife Mar 50 Horsforth
Sarah Crampton Dau Un 20 Dressmaker Meanwood
Thomas Crampton Son 17 Apprentice Meanwood
John Crampton Son 15 Apprentice Do
Hannah Crampton Dau 12 Scholar Do
Esther A Crampton Dau 6 Scholar Do

kiterunner 05-11-10 18:29

1851 at Chapel Allerton / Meanwood
David Crampton Head Mar 44 Mason Yorks Meanwood
Anne Crampton Wife Mar 40 " Horsforth
Elizabeth Do Daur 12 " Meanwood
Sarah Do Daur 10 Scholar " Do
Thomas Do Son 7 Do " Do
John Do Son 5 Do " Do
Hannah Do Daur 2 "Do
Joseph Do Son 7 mo " Do

Tom Tom 05-11-10 19:03

I will be able to go to the West Yorkshire Archive service at some point (either Leeds or Bradford) and could check Horsforth PRs for things if you would like me to?

Probably won't be for quite a few weeks though.

kiterunner 05-11-10 19:36

When you say that Elizabeth's mother was Ann Jackson Crampton, do you mean that she was Ann Jackson who married David Crampton 6 Aug 1836 at St Peter, Leeds? I can't see her name given as Ann Jackson Crampton anywhere else? So Jackson was her maiden name rather than her middle name?

I'm trying to find David and Ann on the 1841 census in the faint hope that Ann's mother will be with them to give us a name for the person this thread is about! (But no luck with that yet) If Tom can get the chance to look at the marriage in the parish register it will give us the witnesses' names which might help.

Also looking for Ann's baptism but no luck there yet either.

kiterunner 05-11-10 19:43

Found them in 1841 on findmypast but it is only David, Ann, Elizabeth and Sarah, no Jacksons with them.

kiterunner 05-11-10 19:51

And I can't find her (Ann Jackson's) baptism online but maybe Tom can look for that at the archives too? Should be Horsforth about 1810 to 1811.

Janet 06-11-10 00:36

KiteRunner, this is simply marvelous! I can see I've come to the right place. It was my own mother who quoted the name "Ann Jackson Crampton" to me before she died so that I would understand the lineage. Yes, my MMMM's maiden name was Ann Jackson and she married a Crampton. You've just given me his first name and all the rest of the family, which I did not have, so already I am supremely happy. Thank you so much, and thanks to Tom in advance if he can help me out as well. There is no rush whatsoever, and I will be very grateful for any and all assistance.
Thank you, thank you, thank you,
Janet