Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! (http://genealogistsforum.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   DNA Questions (http://genealogistsforum.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Latest DNA update (http://genealogistsforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=31293)

Phoenix 30-12-22 11:04

Latest DNA update

Because I manage several samples, I can now see when the parent split was put in place, and that new updates are starting to happen.

Yesterday sib's child had under 3000 matches on our mutual side. Today it's 3218 (and the system says 3 added!)

So keep your eyes open, folks!

I had hoped to check everything before the update, but the new stuff is sticking out like a sore thumb.

maggie_4_7 30-12-22 12:22

How do you get to the new ones added?

Don't worry I found the route to see the new ones.

Phoenix 30-12-22 15:43

How did you do it, Maggie? I've looked at all the 10cM + matches, so I know anything appeaaring there now must be newly assigned, but there are still some 2k that I ave yet to investigate.

Merry 30-12-22 16:03

It's a good job my children have done a DNA test and show as potential children of mine on my DNA matches, because otherwise I would swear my test had been swapped with some other random person!!

On the other hand, when I was a child my mother used to tell me when she went to the hospital to get a baby (!) she was shown into the nursery, where there was only one baby without a name tag on it's ankle, so that was the one she had to choose. She wrote the name on my tag herself (I still have it), because I never had one the whole seven days I was in the hospital. Maybe that's the issue with me not finding anything useful in my DNA results?!!

maggie_4_7 30-12-22 17:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenix (Post 415649)
How did you do it, Maggie? I've looked at all the 10cM + matches, so I know anything appeaaring there now must be newly assigned, but there are still some 2k that I ave yet to investigate.

Display view all DNA Matches by parent, click on view matches on either one of the parents, over on the right hand side is sort, sort by newest to oldest, the new ones should appear at top with the name of the parent in bold.

Phoenix 30-12-22 19:21

Thanks, Maggie. That does leave the additional 300 matches that they are not talking about.

Merry, are you saying you are a foundling??

Merry 30-12-22 20:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenix (Post 415652)

Merry, are you saying you are a foundling??

lol Well, I do look a lot like both my parents, but my DNA matches are totally unhelpful!

kiterunner 30-12-22 21:40

What are you hoping to find out from your DNA matches, Merry?

Merry 30-12-22 22:27

For starters, I have numerous relations who have tested but no sign of any of them in my matches. They are anything between 2nd and 8th cousins and both sides of my tree.

I probably haven't looked at my DNA matches for at least a year (probably two!), as I totally lost interest. However, my OH does look at both our results and he often finds stuff useful to his side of the tree and has made contact with a few cousins and swapped info (or I should say, has given them info!).

Merry 30-12-22 22:28

Of the people I have matched with, I have no idea who any of them are!