Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! (http://genealogistsforum.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   DNA Questions (http://genealogistsforum.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   How many kits/tests do you manage? (http://genealogistsforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=27802)

JayG 12-06-19 13:32

How many kits/tests do you manage?

I currently manage my own and mam's on Ancestry.

Ancestry's 25% off offer ends today .... i've ordered 4 kits/tests :eek:

Phoenix 12-06-19 13:39

Lol!

Six, and that's way too many.

kiterunner 12-06-19 14:15

I only manage my own, but I have viewer / collaborator access to a couple of others.

I was surprised recently to get a message from someone who looked at my tree, went to my profile, and saw that they were a DNA match to someone "associated with" me - the person for whom I have "collaborator" access (and their DNA test is not linked to my tree). I thought it would only show if they were a match to me or someone I managed (if I did.)

JayG 12-06-19 17:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenix (Post 360598)
Lol!

Six, and that's way too many.

Both mam and I have low 4th cousin matches so i'm hoping to gain a few more by get different people tested. I'd better be careful what I wish for lol.

JayG 12-06-19 18:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiterunner (Post 360600)
I only manage my own, but I have viewer / collaborator access to a couple of others.

I was surprised recently to get a message from someone who looked at my tree, went to my profile, and saw that they were a DNA match to someone "associated with" me - the person for whom I have "collaborator" access (and their DNA test is not linked to my tree). I thought it would only show if they were a match to me or someone I managed (if I did.)

I didn't know about viewer/collaborator options. I've just found where they are on the DNA settings page, useful to know they are there.

NickiP 13-06-19 22:16

I've my own and manage my Dad's. 9 days since his was posted and still waiting for it to be marked received .... They don't seem to like us because mine took 15 days to get marked received while others seem to get there from UK in a week. I should be managing Mum's but she is yet to do it in spite of a lot of verbal nudging.

Don't think I could cope with any more, enough to check through my results and haven't had a chance to do much research to try and sort out some of the unknown connections with those who have public trees.

NickiP 25-06-19 05:27

Shouldn't be so impatient. Dad's test was received 14th, just after my post, went through sample processing on 18th, DNA extracted 20th and full results yesterday evening, albeit I suspect not all matches are through yet.:D Now the work begins but impressed as in total has only taken 3 weeks since day posted. And looks like we know where all the Scandinavian DNA comes from too (as always suspected).

Now just got to get Mum to do her sample and post it.:rolleyes: