Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! (http://genealogistsforum.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Take One 2xGreat-Grandparent (http://genealogistsforum.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Catherine Agnes Gray nee Dillon possibly Doyle (http://genealogistsforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=10122)

tenterfieldjulie 27-05-11 10:39

Catherine Agnes Gray nee Dillon possibly Doyle

Name: Catherine/Cathrine Agnes Gray nee Dillon, possibly Doyle
Date and place of birth: 1 September 1818 Liverpool (according “Heber” shipping record)
Names of parents: Patrick Dillon (Farrier) (Shipping & Marriage) and Ellen Hanlan (shipping)
Date and place of baptism: Sept/Oct 1818 RC Liverpool (shipping) Have not been able to find baptism record. Quite possibly she had a sister Mary Ann who was marriage witness.
Marriages: 8 Nov 1838 C of E Prestwich, Lancaster to Thomas Gray – a letter print prep or compositor (have cert).
Possible 2nd Marriage 1857 Parramatta NSW No 2336 to Michael Doyle (no cert)
Addresses: At marriage Nov. 1838 Thomas Gray’s address was Market Place, Oldham, Lancashire. They arrived Sydney, NSW, Australia on 28 Feb 1839. Son Thomas James Gray born 11 Aug 1839, baptised C of E Sydney they were living Kent St, Sydney and again when Mary Jane born 1841. Thomas Sen. died 11 Nov 1856 in a Sydney Infirmary of DTs. Obviously estranged from family, as another compositer supplied info, he knew Thomas was married and had a daughter Mary Jane, but nothing else except occupation compositor. Date, place and cause of death: Possible Death of Catherine Doyle aged 50 in Sydney in 1869 No. 249 (No. cert)
Date and place of burial: Unknown possibly 1869 Sydney
Details of will: Unlikely
Memorial inscription: Unlikely

kiterunner 27-05-11 11:08

I think something may have gone funny somewhere, Julie, because you posted Ellen Hanlan up in week 22 (FMFMM). Or is your OH's tree one of those convoluted ones?

Edit - now moved over from TO3G board to research board.

tenterfieldjulie 27-05-11 11:14

Sorry Kate I'm more addled than usual at the moment. I'll have to look and see where I went wrong. I'm pleased I did the thread as I realise I need to buy two certs and also hadn't realised that they must have got married and got on the ship... I'll see where I went wrong and get back. Thanks. Kate I need to delete this - For this thread for OH I just have mother of James Cohen who died in 1855 at Windsor NSW aged 60. Can you delete this please.

tenterfieldjulie 30-05-11 08:10

I wondering if anyone can play Devil's Advocate here and dispove my theories before I buy certificates please?:

Fact 1 Catherine Dillon born 1/9/1818 Liverpool (father Patrick).
Fact 2 Catherine Dillon married Thomas Gray 8/11/1838 Prestwich - emigrated
Fact 3 Thomas Gray died 11/11/1856 Sydney, NSW

Theory 1: Catherine Gray married Michael Doyle 1857 Parramatta, NSW
Theory 2: Catherine Doyle died 1869 Sydney, NSW aged 50.

kiterunner 30-05-11 09:28

I can't see anything to prove or disprove it without the certs, Julie. Can I ask where you get the middle name Agnes from?

tenterfieldjulie 30-05-11 10:47

It was on Thomas b 1839 baptism cert, but it wasn't on marriage cert.