Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Family History General Discussion

Old 29-09-12, 15:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
It's a Panorama special on health tourism.
Hmmmm........ not sure why they feel the need to break into a series that is well under way to show that. Why can't they drop an episode of Eastenders instead?
Old 29-09-12, 15:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann from Sussex View Post
Hmmmm........ not sure why they feel the need to break into a series that is well under way to show that. Why can't they drop an episode of Eastenders instead?
*shock horror at the thought of it*

DON'T watch it by the way
Old 03-10-12, 06:04
Administrator

I enjoyed this and had to alter my opinion of WR as he did't come across half as stuffy as I expected. There did seems to be a lot of assumptions made though (as already discussed) and I felt some of the 'experts' sounded too nervous to make any alternative suggestions.

I think Langley Vale Sue's sig quote covers WR's reactions to what he was told: "What you see depends on what you're looking for." lol

I think his hair is all his own and natural!

"Something has been filled in that I didn't know was blank" Matthew Broderick WDYTYA? March 2010
Old 03-10-12, 07:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merry View Post

I think his hair is all his own and natural!
Might have a blond rinse ?

My Mum used to use a water rinse called 'Sophisticated Beige' lol
When she'd overdone it her hair looked pink

Last edited by Rachel; 03-10-12 at 07:32.
Old 03-10-12, 12:05
Administrator

Yes, sorry, I meant all his own, not a transplant and also not a wig/toupe that belongs to him! lol

Sophisticated beige!?? Love that!

"Something has been filled in that I didn't know was blank" Matthew Broderick WDYTYA? March 2010
Old 03-10-12, 17:22

Hm, not sure about his hair now, after saying it never gets any longer or shorter...it was noticeably shorter this week on Corrie BUT they did a shot from behind him and there was a very brief "candy floss" moment over what appeared to be a baldish patch.

So...I reckon a toupee, a very good and expensive one, but his side hair is his own!

OC
Old 03-10-12, 17:55
maggie_4_7

I watched this episode on Sunday it was okay but I must admit I wasn't impressed with it at all.

I read a review the other day on this series of WDYTYA (can't remember which paper) and it said exactly what I think the basic gist of it was they were running out of interesting people who had interesting Family Histories and seem to be settling for anyone who agreed to do it or just settling for a format that was easier to manage. I think I have to agree.

Out of this series I liked Samantha Womack, Annie Lennox, Alex Kingston and best of all Greg Wallace - That's 4 out of 7 but I would expect to enjoy them all the others were good but not what I would consider WDYTYA if they had had another title I probably wouldn't have been disappointed.

And most of all I am disappointed that they are shelving Celia Imrie's one until next week for a Panorama program 'Health Tourists' important yes but much more important to do something about 'Health Tourists' than showing me programs on it that wind me up like a top.

I can only assume that the viewing figures were down so slotted Panorama in!
Old 03-10-12, 18:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggie_4_7 View Post

I read a review the other day on this series of WDYTYA (can't remember which paper) and it said exactly what I think the basic gist of it was they were running out of interesting people who had interesting Family Histories and seem to be settling for anyone who agreed to do it or just settling for a format that was easier to manage. I think I have to agree.
Perhaps we could suggest they recruit some of us for their programmes!
Old 03-10-12, 18:13
maggie_4_7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizabethHerts View Post
Perhaps we could suggest they recruit some of us for their programmes!
To be honest the research questions and family history TOGGs on here are more interesting.

I expect there are some members on here with more interesting stories/FH than I've seen lately on this series.
Old 03-10-12, 19:00
Administrator

The series has definitely drifted from the meaning of it's title, imho. I feel they must be doing it on a much tighter budget than in the past.