Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! (http://genealogistsforum.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   DNA Questions (http://genealogistsforum.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Ancestry - new filters for DNA matches (http://genealogistsforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=28295)

kiterunner 12-12-19 08:42

Ancestry - new filters for DNA matches

Looking at my DNA matches today, I get a popup which says "new filters for DNA matches. You can use multiple filters at a time, including a new filter for shared DNA, to find matches more quickly."

There is an improved "Shared DNA filter" which in addition to selecting Close or Distant matches, now allows you to enter a custom centimorgan range. I think this will please those people who miss the old page system.

And in the Groups filter, you can select multiple groups to see matches which you have added to more than one group. So you could use one colour for maternal side and another for paternal side and then use the other colours for groups on both sides, allowing for a lot more than the old limit of 24 groups, although I suppose you would have to be careful how you label each group to avoid confusion. I am certainly going to try this out now.

Merry 12-12-19 08:52

Quote:

So you could use one colour for maternal side and another for paternal side
...and a third for "No **%%** idea", with nearly everyone in it!!

kiterunner 12-12-19 08:54

Yes, good point.

ElizabethHerts 12-12-19 09:24

When do you get the pop-up? I can't see anything at present.

kiterunner 12-12-19 11:05

I got it when I clicked on the DNA tab and then "View all DNA matches", Elizabeth, but perhaps they are "rolling it out" to individual users at different times? Or you could try going on the US site and see if it comes up on there.

Phoenix 12-12-19 14:37

I am working steadily through ALL my matches. I had 50 "pages" of 8 cM matches , so I imagine I will have at least 250 "pages" of 6-7 cM matches.

I would love to be able to sort by "no tree" and to have a flag by trees whose owners shared DNA with me when I search on individuals in trees.

I already do use multiple groups, but I often want X NOT Y as opposed to X AND Y. (And I've used up all the colours!)

Sue from Southend 12-12-19 17:11

I've had this for a few weeks now :eek: I thought we all had it!

Kit 13-12-19 05:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merry (Post 365633)
...and a third for "No **%%** idea", with nearly everyone in it!!

NFI was one of my first groups. :d:d

Kit 13-12-19 05:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElizabethHerts (Post 365636)
When do you get the pop-up? I can't see anything at present.

I don't have it either. The rollouts are interesting. They change who gets them first every time.

Phoenix 17-12-19 21:51

I know I ought to be grateful, but I'm not. Still no facility to see the numbers of matches I have yet to investigate, and now the totals are in two different places. I have triaged 15k so far and probably another 10k to go. Having the totals gave me a sort of hope. Now I'm plunged back into despair.